Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Movie.......

So Saturday night I had a little adventure which started with what was going to be a bus ride to Westwood to see a friend and go to the movies turned into a good 2 mile walk (well I’m not sure about the miles but it was at least two). At the end of my walk I was on Ventura Blvd where I had dinner with the friend I was going to meet. After a long time talking and eating we meet up with another friend to go and see this movie. I could go into the adventure more however the title of this blog is "New Movie.." not "My Saturday Adventure" lol

So the movie that we saw was Cloverfield, a new monster destroying New York. When I say monster movie most people think of another stupid movie where a monster destroys a city and a lot of people while they try and kill the monster to stop it. Well you would partly be true, but I wouldn’t go into all that because I don’t want to give the movie away. What made me want to see this movie was the movie trailers. The trailer never once shows the monster that is destroying New York just a whole bunch of random seen that makes many people confused, well I know I was.

I can say that both myself and the two people I was with really enjoyed the movie. One thing about it was that the movie was not predictable you were not sure what was going to happen next or at the end. Another thing is that at the end of a monster movie you always see everything good and the main characters that are still alive all happy, well that doesn't really happen there. But the really reason I liked the movie was the different style of filming that took place.

The movie was shot through the characters point of view through the whole movie not just some parts of it like the Blair Witch Project. Basically what was done was they got a video camera that anybody could buy and shot the whole movie like that. Along with this new style of movie filming was the scrip. What the characters said may have seemed cheesy however when thinking about it you would have said something like they did so the script was written as a normal person would speak.

Over all after seeing this short movie I would recommend this movie to anybody that’s looking for a good movie to see or has on interest in this movie.

^_ 

No comments:

Post a Comment